Turnips are a good source of Vitamine C and potassium.
- 400 ml of heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp of non-salted butter
- 2 garlic gloves, minced
- 2 tsp of Salted herbs
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 cup of grated Louis D’or aged cheese from the Fromagerie du Presbytère (or Gruyere)
- 1 cup of parmesan cheese
- 2 medium turnips
- 2 medium potatoes
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a small pan, bring to a boil the heavy cream, butter, garlic and salted herbs remove from heat immediately.
3. With a mandolin, slice the turnips and potatoes.
4. In a oven safe dish (12 x 12 in), layer some potatoes and turnips, sprinkle some aged cheese and sauce. Repeat for 3 layers, finishing with the parmesan and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
5. Cover and cook for 40 minutes, un-cover and cook for 15 minutes at 400.