1 3/4 cups
- 2 medium sized beets
- 1 3/4 cups cooked chickpeas (or 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed)
- 2 gloves of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons tahini (optional)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
1. Boil beets until they can be easily pierced with a knife. Run beets under cold water for a few moments, and when you're sure they're cool, slip the skins off with your fingers.
2. Quarter beets and spread on a cooking sheet with a little olive oil. Broil in the oven for 10 minutes or until roasted. Make sure you always keep an eye on them to make sure they don’t burn since every oven is different.
3. Place beets, chickpeas and garlic in a food processor and pulse to combine. Add the salt, tahini, lemon, and water. Process the mixture for a full 2-3 minutes, or until the hummus is creamy, stopping to scrape down the bowl now and then.