The sweet potato is richer in starch than the potato but contains substantially the same amount of carbohydrates.
This tuber of the convolvulaceae family is an excellent source of vitamin A, the more it is colored, the more it contains!
- 1 cup (250 ml) of sunflower seed
- 1 cup (250 ml) of pumpkin seed
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 sweet potato (or carrot equivalent), peeled and grated
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of soy sauce or tamari
- 2 teaspoon (10 ml) of toasted sesame oil
- 1/3 cup (85 ml) of vegetable oil of your choice
- 1 cup (250 ml) of hot water
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) of food yeast
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) of whole wheat flour or buckwheat
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) of dried basil
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) of cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (3 ml) of turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon (2 ml) of cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- salt and pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees (175 °C).
2. Cover a 9 x 13-inch dish with parchment paper.
3. Put all the ingredients in a food processor, then pour into the dish. Ideally the thickness should be about 1 inch.
4. Cook for about an hour, or until the top of the pâté is golden.